The Freshest Greens-Based Stock
By yasmine • May 12, 2015
This recipe is based on my daily green juice greens and veggies. This stock can be used when cooking any vegetable or protein that needs a fresh uplift like potatoes or zucchini or any clear soup dish. We used it in our zucchini chicken soup as well as the roast beef that ended up infused with a herbal aroma.
- 1-2 cup mix of greens (leftover greens from green juice)
- OR mix of greens (rocket, spinach, parsley, celery, mint)
- 1 onion (roughly cut) - بصلة
- 1 liter water (4-5 cups - lukewarm) - ماء
- 2 bay leaves - ورق لاورا
- 2 cardamom - حبهان
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns - حبوب فلفل أسود
- 1 carrot (cut in chunks) - جزرة
Step by step
- Add all the ingredients to the water in one medium pot and over medium heat until it starts boiling.
- Don't let it boil and put heat down, cover and let it simmer for up to 20 minutes.
- Sift the stock and leave it to cool before putting into a container and in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Poached Egg with Fresh Spinach & Salmon
Because breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it is a great time to spoil yourself and...
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted...
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish... Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!