White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
By yasmine • February 22, 2022
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 3 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 2 medium zucchini (sliced) - كوسة
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 cup broth - مرقة
- 1 cup baby spinach - سبانخ صغيرة
- 2 cup white beans - فاصوليا بيضاء
- 2 tablespoon coriander (finely chopped) - كزبرة
- 2 tablespoon hazelnut (toasted & roughly chopped) - بندق
- 1 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- To cook the white beans, wash and soak in fresh water for 30 minutes. Then boil in a large pot of water for 2 hours, like you would cook pasta.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Stir in minced garlic for a couple of minutes.
- Add sliced zucchini and salt & pepper. Stir for a couple of minutes then add broth. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and cover. Let zucchini simmer for 10 minutes before adding the chopped spinach.
- Follow with the cooked white beans and adjust seasoning. Stir to combine. Squeeze lime juice on top.
- Take the beans off the heat and stir in fresh coriander. Sprinkle toasted hazelnuts on top and serve warm.
Tropical Fruit Salad
The tropical fruit salad is not just refreshing on a hot summer day, but it also elevates a simple...
Chicken Livers with Pomegranate Molasses
This chicken liver recipe is delicious and easy to prepare in less than 30 minutes. It works as a...
Thai Beef Salad
The beauty of this Thai Beef Salad is that you can transform leftover meat and rice to a...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Broccoli and Avocado Soup
Creamy, refreshing and so easy to prepare, the Broccoli and Avocado Soup is packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It will be your new favourite soup.
Asian Quinoa Salad
This salad is so flavourful and full of nutrient-dense ingredients. Quinoa is a great substitute for rice and is a great option for people with diabetes. Quinoa tends to be bland on its own, however adding it to a salad makes it more tasty and exciting. This salad can be a good introduction to quinoa, […]
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]