Dried Fruits Crumble
By yasmine • March 16, 2022
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt.
It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon.
It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we have abundance of dried fruits and are in need for fibre and energy foods.
- 1 cup oats - شوفان
- 1 cup dried prunes (deseeded & sliced)
- 1 cup dried apricots (deseeded & sliced)
- 1/2 cup raisins - زبيب
- 2 teaspoon tea (or 2 teabags) - شاي
- 4 tablespoon raw honey (divided) - عسل نقي
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 1 raw nuts (AND seeds, roughly chopped) - مكسرات
- pinch salt - ملح
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
Step by step
- Add 11/2 boiling water to a medium sauce pan. Stir in tea and sweeten with 2 tablespoons honey.
- Add the sliced dried fruits, then place pan on medium heat and cover. Let it simmer for 10 minutes until dried fruits are softened.
- In the meantime, mix oats, nuts, 2 tablespoons honey, coconut oil, cinnamon and salt.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place dried fruits (without excess water) at the bottom of a medium oven dish or Pyrex and distribute evenly.
- Place oat mix on top and distribute evenly.
- Just before serving, preheat oven to 180C. Then place dried fruit crumble in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm next to ice cream or greek yoghurt. It can also stay up to a week in the fridge and serve like a granola with milk or yoghurt.
Salmon with Cold Fresh Oriental Salsa
Inspired by the traditional fattoush, this out-of-the-box salmon dish is fresh, lemony and full of...
Eat Your Rainbow: Eggplant Dip
It's a lot like the Lebanese ElRaheb but more neutral in taste. It's great to have as a dip or a...
Tropical Fruit Salad
The tropical fruit salad is not just refreshing on a hot summer day, but it also elevates a simple...
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]