Broccoli and Avocado Soup
By shahdan • February 20, 2022
Creamy, refreshing and so easy to prepare, the Broccoli and Avocado Soup is packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It will be your new favourite soup.
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1 medium red onion (chopped) - بصلة حمراء
- 2 large garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 300 gram broccoli (about 1 medium head) - بروكلى
- 1 pinch ground cardamom - حبهان مطحون
- 3 cup water (or stock) - ماء
- 1 large avocado (ripe) - أفوكادو
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot. Add onions and sauté on medium heat until soft.
- Add garlic and ginger and sauté for another minute.
- Add broccoli florets and stir for another minute.
- Season with salt, pepper and ground cardamom.
- Add hot water to cover.
- Cover the soup pot, and leave the broccoli to simmer on low heat until soft.
- Turn off the heat. Add the avocado and use a handheld blender to blend the soup until smooth and creamy. Add more stock or water if needed to thin out the soup and adjust seasoning.
- Serve warm
Everyday Freekeh with Onions & Carrots
If you want to replace your daily rice dish, Freekeh with Onion & Carrot is the way to go. It...
Steak Avocado Salad
Definitely one of my favorite things to date - I can't believe how simple and colorful this dish...
Easy Shrimp Curry
Recipe in Arabicالجمبرى بالكارى This shrimp curry is not only flavoursome...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!
Asian Quinoa Salad
This salad is so flavourful and full of nutrient-dense ingredients. Quinoa is a great substitute for rice and is a great option for people with diabetes. Quinoa tends to be bland on its own, however adding it to a salad makes it more tasty and exciting. This salad can be a good introduction to quinoa, […]
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]