Clear Zucchini Chicken Soup
By yasmine • May 15, 2015
A fresh yet hearty soup is like a warm hug! Especially when it is not creamy and heavy like most veggie soups. The vegetarian version (just leave out the chicken) is really yummy too especially if your vegetable stock is fresh and wholesome. I used the greens-based stock shared in a previous post – and it was delicious!
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (for cooking) - زيت زيتون
- 1 large onion (minced) - بصلة
- 4 piece zucchini (shredded) - كوسة
- 1 cup peas - بسلة
- 4 cup vegetable stock - مرقة خضار
- 2 stalks celery (finely chopped - including leaves) - كرفس افرنجي
- 250 gram boneless chicken (cut lengthwise) - دجاج مخلى
- 1 tablespoon dried mint (optional for garnish) - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
Step by step
- Over medium heat, add onions and celery to olive oil in a soup pot. Once the onions are almost transparent in colour (don't let them fry too long), add the chicken.
- Stir the chicken with the onions for a couple of minutes then add the zucchini and peas followed by the stock.
- All should cook together for about 15 minutes then served hot with some dried mint as garnish.
Eggplant Upside-Down Fatta
Eggplants, yoghurt, garlic and golden crispy bread are just a match made in heaven. Every eggplant...
Oven-Baked Herb Fish
To add more fish to your weekly meals, try this hassle-free Oven-Baked Herb Fish recipe! In less...
No-Recipe Roasted Vegetable Platter
This is a very simple recipe that goes a long way. I like to serve it on almost every dinner party...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!
Leave a comment