By Shahira Selim • April 14, 2015
An old family recipe for the easiest brownies, yet delicious and chewy.
Recipe by: Shahira Selim from her article with www.cairocooking.com
- 200 gram butter (melted) - زبدة
- 100 gram cocoa powder (traditional size pack) - بودرة كاكاو
- 4 eggs - بيض
- 2 teaspoon vanilla - فانيليا
- 1 cup sugar - سكر
- 1 cup flour - دقيق
Step by step
- Add cocoa to melted butter and stir until fully integrated.
- Add egg by egg while whisking (making sure each egg is dissolved into the batter) followed by the vanilla and sugar.
- Now that all ingredients are integrated, slowly add the flour and continue whisking. All the whisking is done by hand – no machine is necessary.
- Put batter into a greased rectangular pan (about 23x33cm) – you can also use a square pan.
- Put in the preheated oven of 200C for 25-30 min. Insert a toothpick in the brownie to make sure it is done.
- Let it cool for about half an hour before cutting it into squares and serving it.
Home-Made Teriyaki Sauce
Once you try this recipe, you will never buy ready-made Teriyaki sauce again. It is incredibly easy...
Chewy Toffee & Nut On Biscuits
It is chewy from the toffee, crunchy from the bottom biscuit while the whole almonds give it a...
Fatta – Made Simple & Delicious
If you ever want to enter the world of Fatta, this is the recipe for you. It is simple and...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]