Asian Quinoa Salad
By shahdan • February 20, 2022
This salad is so flavourful and full of nutrient-dense ingredients. Quinoa is a great substitute for rice and is a great option for people with diabetes. Quinoa tends to be bland on its own, however adding it to a salad makes it more tasty and exciting. This salad can be a good introduction to quinoa, especially for people who don’t like it.
Serve this salad next to chicken, beef or salmon for a nutritious and filling meal, or just on its own as a complete vegetarian option. Omit the honey to keep it vegan, or replace it with maple syrup.
- 1/2 cup quinoa - كينوا
- 1 cup water - ماء
- 1/4 whole red cabbage (thinly sliced) - كرنب أحمر
- 1 large red pepper (diced) - فلفل أحمر
- 2 medium cucumber (diced) - خيار
- 2 medium carrots (diced) - جزر
- 2 medium spring onion (finely chopped) - بصلة خضراء
- 1/2 bunch coriander (choppped) - كزبرة
- 1 handful unsalted peanuts (toasted) - سوداني غير مملح
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
Step by step
- To cook the quinoa, cover 1/2 cup of quinoa with 1 cup of water and bring to the boil.
- When it boils, lower heat to a minimum and leave to cook uncovered until water is absorbed.
- Turn off heat and cover for 10 minutes.
- Fluff up the quinoa with a fork and leave it to cool before adding it to salad.
- Place cooled quinoa in salad bowl and add all veggies.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small jar and add the desired quantity to the salad.
- Add toasted peanuts and transfer to serving dish.
- For best results, refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
Light Vegetarian Moussaka
A simple meatless version of our classic Moussaka. The homemade tomato sauce tastes divine with a...
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt...
Pomegranate Jallab with Silvered Almonds
Such a simple refreshing drink, this Pomegranate Jallab is a popular drink in Lebanon and...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!
Broccoli and Avocado Soup
Creamy, refreshing and so easy to prepare, the Broccoli and Avocado Soup is packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It will be your new favourite soup.
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]