By yasmine • April 27, 2021
Leeks are a special crop that comes in season in short intervals. It is commonly used in our Falafel but there are so many other ways to enjoy its freshness and uniqueness, like this Leek & Potato Soup.
This recipe can be ready in 30 minutes, and a perfect side dish to all protein.
- 16-20 stalks leek (around 4 bunch) - كرات
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 4-5 garlic (minced) - ثوم
- 2-3 sprig thyme (fresh & leaves only) - زعتر
- 1 cup broth - مرقة
- handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 50 gram hazelnut (handful) - بندق
Step by step
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium. Add cut leeks. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add minced garlic and butter. Stir the leeks around to get color on all sides.
- Once leeks are golden, add 1 cup hot broth. Add fresh thyme. Bring it to a boil, then cover and lower heat to allow it to simmer for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, toast hazelnuts in the oven or in pan for 5 minutes. Make sure they are golden on all sides. Use a sharp knife ro roughly chop them into halves or quarters.
- Once the leeks are cooked, remove lid and sprinkle chopped parsley and adjust seasoning. Stir one last time then serve hot. Sprinkle toasted hazelnuts.
Cranberry & Almond Bread
This is so comforting, so good and addictive! Not just addictive to eat but also to make. It is the...
Spring Vegetable Frittata
When you are bored of the daily cooking, Frittata is the answer. It is an Italian omelette that is...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
These Truffle Potatoes are so easy to prepare yet have bangs of flavor and yumminess. It is a special side dish to your fillet or fish dish. If you cant find baby potatoes, cut large potatoes in large cubes – same size as half baby potatoes. Also, make sure you get a good quality truffle […]
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]