Banana & Coconut Bread
By Hend Wahsh • November 24, 2015
This bread is beyond scrumptious and moist with a divine smell. This is probably the most delicious way to start the day!
Recipe uploaded by Hend Wahsh.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 3/4 cup sugar - سكر
- 3 whole eggs - بيض
- 1 teaspoon vanilla - فانيليا
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour - دقيق أبيض
- 1 teaspoon baking soda - بيكربونات الصودا
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 2 tablespoon flax seeds - بذور الكتان
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 110 ml yoghurt (1 cup) - زبادي
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes - رقائق جوز الهند
- 3 large bananas - موز
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 23x12cm loaf pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir coconut oil and sugar. Then add eggs and vanilla, and whisk further.
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and salt) and sprinkle over the wet ingredients mixing gently until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas then add coconut flakes.
- Add the banana coconut mix to the main dough followed by yogurt, flax seeds & chia seeds (both grounded). Mix well.
- Spread the dough evenly into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the top with more shredded coconut
- Bake at 180C for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. If after 25 minutes the coconut gets too toasty, cover the loaf with foil for the rest of the baking time.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Originally a traditional Russian dish, Beef Stroganoff is always a crowd pleaser! It is easy to...
Date & Almond Balls
These date & almond balls are a perfect sweet snack to when sugar rush strikes! It is also the...
Basterma Green Salad
This salad will definitely go on your favorites list if you are a basterma fan. I served it once...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.