Green Falafel Omelette
By shahdan • February 20, 2022
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother.
I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I do not trust the ingredients of ready-made falafel dough, although it still makes a great short-cut for busy days.
- 3 tablespoon CairoCooking falafel dough - عجينة الطعمية
- 1 large egg - بيضة
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds - حبوب الكسبرة الجافة
- 1 small tomato (chopped) - طماطم
- 1 small green peppers (chopped) - فلفل أخضر
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese - جبنه فيتا
- 1 teaspoon tahini - طحينة
Step by step
- In a small bowl, mix falafel dough with an egg.
- Heat olive oil in a small non stick pan.
- Add the falafel dough to make one omelette and leave to cook on one side.
- Sprinkle the top with coriander seeds.
- When the falafel omelette is golden on one side, flip in on the other side and leave to cook for a few minutes on the other side.
- Transfer to serving dish and add tomatoes, peppers and crumbled Feta cheese. Drizzle some tahini on top and serve immediately.
Sweet Pumpkin Béchamel
الوصفة بالعربي No matter how many pumpkin recipes we try, the Egyptian traditional...
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND...
Thai Beef Salad
The beauty of this Thai Beef Salad is that you can transform leftover meat and rice to a...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]