The Greenest Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya)
By shahdan • June 8, 2015
It’s time to give home-made ta3meyya dough a chance! Why buy it when the home-made one is extremely easy to prepare! With basic beans and lots of greens, ta3meyya is one of those healthy nutritious vegetarian foods that are worth every little effort. Preparing the dough at home ensures that you know exactly what’s in your ta3meyya and what you’re feeding your family. You can always prepare it in big quantities and freeze. All you really need is a good food processor! The rest is easier than you think.
- 2 cup crushed beans (around 500 grams soaked in water for 12 hours) - فول مدشوش
- 1 bunch leek - كرات
- 1 bunch parsley - بقدونس
- 2 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 2 large garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander - كسبرة جافة
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (if you're not frying on the same day) - باكينج باودر
Step by step
- Place the soaked beans in a sieve to get rid of the excess water and to dry thoroughly.
- Pulse the beans in a food processor until broken up into crumbs then add the rest of the ingredients: leeks, parsley (without the long stems), spring onions, garlic, salt and coriander.
- Continue to pulse until well combined into a smooth green ta3meyya dough.
- To serve immediately: fry on both sides until golden and crispy. To keep for later: divide the dough into bags and freeze.
- If you won't fry the dough on the same day, add a little baking powder to the defrosted dough before frying so it keeps it puffiness.
Guiltless Creamy Chicken Mushroom
الوصفة بالعربي This guiltless creamy chicken is so good, it can become an...
Walnut & Date Cake
Since It is the Eid season after Ramadan, I found everybody is running to do the traditional Eid...
Creamy Broccoli Cauliflower Bake
From 9 months. This is a perfect broccoli - cauliflower mix recipe to introduce your baby to...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble
This Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble is the perfect dessert for a large gathering. It easily pleases the crowd… who wouldn’t appreciate fresh cream and strawberries with a sweet crunch like no other? My team and I came up with it for our Makar Farm Pop Up Lunch featuring Lebanese – Egyptian inspired dishes. […]
The Egyptian keshk is such a hearty and comforting Egyptian home-cooked dish. The fried caramelized onions bring the whole dish together. Serve it with simple cooked chicken and white rice, and enjoy every creamy mouthful of this classic Egyptian meal. I tested several home-cooked Egyptian Keshk recipes until I finally reached the perfect one! But the secret to a great Keshk dish […]