The Greenest Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya)
By shahdan • June 8, 2015
It’s time to give home-made ta3meyya dough a chance! Why buy it when the home-made one is extremely easy to prepare! With basic beans and lots of greens, ta3meyya is one of those healthy nutritious vegetarian foods that are worth every little effort. Preparing the dough at home ensures that you know exactly what’s in your ta3meyya and what you’re feeding your family. You can always prepare it in big quantities and freeze. All you really need is a good food processor! The rest is easier than you think.
- 2 cup crushed beans (around 500 grams soaked in water for 12 hours) - فول مدشوش
- 1 bunch leek - كرات
- 1 bunch parsley - بقدونس
- 2 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 2 large garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander - كسبرة جافة
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (if you're not frying on the same day) - باكينج باودر
Step by step
- Place the soaked beans in a sieve to get rid of the excess water and to dry thoroughly.
- Pulse the beans in a food processor until broken up into crumbs then add the rest of the ingredients: leeks, parsley (without the long stems), spring onions, garlic, salt and coriander.
- Continue to pulse until well combined into a smooth green ta3meyya dough.
- To serve immediately: fry on both sides until golden and crispy. To keep for later: divide the dough into bags and freeze.
- If you won't fry the dough on the same day, add a little baking powder to the defrosted dough before frying so it keeps it puffiness.
Oven-Baked Herb Fish
To add more fish to your weekly meals, try this hassle-free sea bass recipe! In less than 30...
Halawa & Chocolate Spread
Recipe by Jummana Lotfy. Egyptian Nutella, as my kids like to call it, is an easy recipe for...
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver's Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie's 30 minutes...
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.