The Greenest Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya)
By shahdan • June 8, 2015
It’s time to give home-made ta3meyya dough a chance! Why buy it when the home-made one is extremely easy to prepare! With basic beans and lots of greens, ta3meyya is one of those healthy nutritious vegetarian foods that are worth every little effort. Preparing the dough at home ensures that you know exactly what’s in your ta3meyya and what you’re feeding your family. You can always prepare it in big quantities and freeze. All you really need is a good food processor! The rest is easier than you think.
- 2 cup crushed beans (around 500 grams soaked in water for 12 hours) - فول مدشوش
- 1 bunch leek - كرات
- 1 bunch parsley - بقدونس
- 2 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 2 large garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander - كسبرة جافة
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (if you're not frying on the same day) - باكينج باودر
Step by step
- Place the soaked beans in a sieve to get rid of the excess water and to dry thoroughly.
- Pulse the beans in a food processor until broken up into crumbs then add the rest of the ingredients: leeks, parsley (without the long stems), spring onions, garlic, salt and coriander.
- Continue to pulse until well combined into a smooth green ta3meyya dough.
- To serve immediately: fry on both sides until golden and crispy. To keep for later: divide the dough into bags and freeze.
- If you won't fry the dough on the same day, add a little baking powder to the defrosted dough before frying so it keeps it puffiness.
Homemade Bounty Bars
This dessert is based on 3 ingredients only yet delicious and easy to prepare! Your kids will...
Special Minty Zucchini
الوصفة بالعربي This is a simple yet delicious vegetable dish using ingredients...
Egga is the classic Egyptian Egg Cake. It is baked in the oven until puffed and cooked through....
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]