The Greenest Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya)
By shahdan • June 8, 2015
It’s time to give home-made ta3meyya dough a chance! Why buy it when the home-made one is extremely easy to prepare! With basic beans and lots of greens, ta3meyya is one of those healthy nutritious vegetarian foods that are worth every little effort. Preparing the dough at home ensures that you know exactly what’s in your ta3meyya and what you’re feeding your family. You can always prepare it in big quantities and freeze. All you really need is a good food processor! The rest is easier than you think.
- 2 cup crushed beans (around 500 grams soaked in water for 12 hours) - فول مدشوش
- 1 bunch leek - كرات
- 1 bunch parsley - بقدونس
- 2 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 2 large garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander - كسبرة جافة
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (if you're not frying on the same day) - باكينج باودر
Step by step
- Place the soaked beans in a sieve to get rid of the excess water and to dry thoroughly.
- Pulse the beans in a food processor until broken up into crumbs then add the rest of the ingredients: leeks, parsley (without the long stems), spring onions, garlic, salt and coriander.
- Continue to pulse until well combined into a smooth green ta3meyya dough.
- To serve immediately: fry on both sides until golden and crispy. To keep for later: divide the dough into bags and freeze.
- If you won't fry the dough on the same day, add a little baking powder to the defrosted dough before frying so it keeps it puffiness.
Guiltless Creamy Chicken Mushroom
الوصفة بالعربي This guiltless creamy chicken is so good, it can become an...
Tender & Juicy Chicken Breast Fillets
الوصفه بالعربي On busy days, most people choose to cook chicken breast fillets,...
Halloumi, Tomato & Arugula Slicers
Such a simple and quick appetiser that looks and tastes good guaranteed! For a more luxurious...
This Moussaka is irresistibly delicious, without the extra calories. The eggplants are oven-roasted not fried. This doesn’t take away from the taste, on the contrary, the eggplants are more flavourful and rich here. Because cooking moussaka is a lengthy process with many different components, I like to shortcut my way to this delicious dish using […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]