Comforting Potato & Leek Soup
By Hebba • January 26, 2016
Potatoes and leeks are a match made in heaven. The creaminess of potatoes mixed with the mild onion-like taste of the leek and flavors of a good chicken or vegetable stock makes this soup a winner on your table.
It is also that type of soup you want to cuddle with on the sofa in front of the TV after a long day!
- 1 kg potatoes (peeled & cubed) - بطاطس
- 3 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 3 leek (minced - white and light green part only) - كرات
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 8 cup chicken broth/stock - مرقة دجاج
- 1 bay leaf - ورق لاورا
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1/4 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
Step by step
- On medium heat, melt butter in a large soup pot and sauté onions and leek followed by garlic until all is soft (about 8 minutes).
- Add diced potatoes, broth, bay leaf, salt and pepper and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low (uncovered) for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Once the potatoes are cooked through, blend the whole mix with a hand mixer or in the kitchen blender.
- Add cooking cream before serving and garnish with fresh thyme, chives, leek, croutons, or anything you like.
Minted Zucchini Soup
الوصفة بالعربي Even those who don't eat zucchini, will fall in love with this...
Smoked Salmon, Radish & Avocado Salad
Some delicious dishes are just too easy to prepare, like this family favorite Salmon & Avocado...
Shami Chicken Fattah
An inherited original recipe from my Syrian/Lebanese in-laws. It is super easy, and can be served...
Easy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup
This is the easiest recipe to achieve a yummy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup. With simple ingredients and little hands-on cooking time, this recipe will probably go on your favourite recipe list. The basil & thyme add a herb quality to the soup, but are not essential. The soup is also very yummy with or […]
Broccoli & Basil Soup
This good-for-you Green Broccoli and Basil soup is creamy and delicious without the need to add any starch. The secret ingredient is zucchini. It gives the soup an unexpectedly smooth and thick consistency, eliminating the need for cream.
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]