Comforting Potato & Leek Soup
By Hebba • January 26, 2016
Potatoes and leeks are a match made in heaven. The creaminess of potatoes mixed with the mild onion-like taste of the leek and flavors of a good chicken or vegetable stock makes this soup a winner on your table.
It is also that type of soup you want to cuddle with on the sofa in front of the TV after a long day!
- 1 kg potatoes (peeled & cubed) - بطاطس
- 3 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 3 leek (minced - white and light green part only) - كرات
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 8 cup chicken broth/stock - مرقة دجاج
- 1 bay leaf - ورق لاورا
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1/4 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
Step by step
- On medium heat, melt butter in a large soup pot and sauté onions and leek followed by garlic until all is soft (about 8 minutes).
- Add diced potatoes, broth, bay leaf, salt and pepper and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low (uncovered) for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Once the potatoes are cooked through, blend the whole mix with a hand mixer or in the kitchen blender.
- Add cooking cream before serving and garnish with fresh thyme, chives, leek, croutons, or anything you like.
Fennel & Potato Soup – the ultimate winter warm up!
The warmth of the potato creaminess and the crispiness of the fennel as well as its subtle...
Oozy Dark Chocolate Fondant
You know that fondant that you get addicted to at some restaurants and tend to go back to for...
Easy Veal Fillet with Instant Dijon Mustard Sauce
الوصفه بالعربي This Veal Fillet with Instant Dijon Mustard Sauce is a great option...
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Easy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup
This is the easiest recipe to achieve a yummy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup. With simple ingredients and little hands-on cooking time, this recipe will probably go on your favourite recipe list. The basil & thyme add a herb quality to the soup, but are not essential. The soup is also very yummy with or […]
Broccoli & Basil Soup
This good-for-you Green Broccoli and Basil soup is creamy and delicious without the need to add any starch. The secret ingredient is zucchini. It gives the soup an unexpectedly smooth and thick consistency, eliminating the need for cream.
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.