Comforting Potato & Leek Soup
By Hebba • January 26, 2016
Potatoes and leeks are a match made in heaven. The creaminess of potatoes mixed with the mild onion-like taste of the leek and flavors of a good chicken or vegetable stock makes this soup a winner on your table.
It is also that type of soup you want to cuddle with on the sofa in front of the TV after a long day!
- 1 kg potatoes (peeled & cubed) - بطاطس
- 3 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 3 leek (minced - white and light green part only) - كرات
- 4 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 8 cup chicken broth/stock - مرقة دجاج
- 1 bay leaf - ورق لاورا
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1/4 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
Step by step
- On medium heat, melt butter in a large soup pot and sauté onions and leek followed by garlic until all is soft (about 8 minutes).
- Add diced potatoes, broth, bay leaf, salt and pepper and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low (uncovered) for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Once the potatoes are cooked through, blend the whole mix with a hand mixer or in the kitchen blender.
- Add cooking cream before serving and garnish with fresh thyme, chives, leek, croutons, or anything you like.
Crispy & Creamy Avocado Fries
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration with EasyPan.com. These...
Dutch Tuna Salad
This is a very famous tuna mix in Holland. When you go to any lunch place and ask for a tuna...
Simple Grilled Salmon & Mixed Veggies
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. This recipe is an...
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]
Everyday Carrot & Pumpkin Soup
A yummy creamy and filling soup, this everyday easy-to-do carrot and pumpkin soup just ticks all the boxes. You will want to prepare batches of this soup and keep it in your fridge to warm up the whole family during the winter! If you do not have chicken or vegetable broth, you may use water […]
Hearty Homemade Lentil Soup
Comfort food at its best…this homemade lentil soup is easy, super nutritious and so heart-warmingly delicious. The flavours are deep and intense without the need to use any stock. With lots of veggies and wholesome lentils, it ensures that you and your family are getting the right nutrients! It will surely become your new favourite winter-warmer!
Most Aromatic Chicken Stock
There are lots of ways to preparing a good homemade chicken stock, yet this recipe must be the most flavourful and aromatic. The main difference comes from sautéing the veggies and chicken in one tablespoon oil before adding water. This allows the fresh ingredients to release their wonderful aromas, while the chicken gets a nice light colour on […]