Thai Pumpkin Soup
By yasmine • June 6, 2015
This Thai Pumpkin Soup is delicious with depth of Asian flavors from the combination of ginger, chili and garlic ending with coconut milk. Despite its simplicity, it is impressive on your dining table and will have your guests go back for more.
If you want to avoid using coconut milk, just add an extra cup of broth instead and adjust chili to your taste.
This recipe was developed for Flavor Republic.
- 1 kg pumpkin (5-6 cups cut in cubes) - اليقطين/ قرع
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 2 small red onions (chopped) - بصل أحمر
- 3 teaspoon fresh ginger (freshly grated) - جنزبيل
- 2 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1/2 red chili pepper (about 2 teaspoons - deseeded & minced) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 2 cup chicken broth/stock (400-500ml OR water) - مرقة دجاج
- 1 cup coconut milk (200ml) - لبن جوز الهند
- 1 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- coriander (chopped for garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- Heat sesame oil in a soup pot on medium heat. Sauté onions, chili, ginger and minced garlic until onions are translucent (about 8 minutes).
- Stir in pumpkin cubes, salt and pepper followed by the warm broth. As soon as it boils, decrease heat, cover and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes until pumpkin is cooked through.
- Using a blender or a handheld mixer, smooth the soup mix. Add coconut milk. Let it simmer for another 2 minutes and finish with lime juice.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander, minced chili and/or a drizzle of coconut milk.
Cheese-Stuffed Meatballs in Mexican Chili Con Carne
الوصفة بالعربي This recipe won the #TheMeatCompete challenge. Find out more. As...
Lime & Thyme Chicken Fillets
A delicious and healthy chicken recipe bursting with lemon...
Quick Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
Transform everyday ingredients such as chicken, carrots and broccoli into an elegant and super...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!