Thai Beef Salad
By yasmine • October 20, 2016
The beauty of this Thai Beef Salad is that you can transform leftover meat and rice to a completely new and delicious dish. You don’t have to use cooked rice in this salad but it helps make it a full meal. The Asian dressing combined with the crunchy greens and protein allows for a delicious full experience.
The salad is an impressive item at a dinner invite and a perfect light meal for leftovers. You can prepare it in advance and add dressing and keep it in the fridge. Leaving it with the dressing for a couple of hours actually enhances the taste.
- 150 gram veal fillet (sliced) - فيليه بتلو
- 1 bunch arugula (thinly sliced) - جرجير
- 1/2 medium iceberg lettuce (thinly sliced) - كابوتشا
- 1/2 cup coriander (chopped) - كزبرة
- 1/4 cup mint (chopped) - نعناع
- 2 cucumber (peeled & sliced) - خيار
- 3/4 cup wild rice (OR basmati rice - OPTIONAL) - الأرز البري
- 1 handful cashew nuts (OR sesame - toasted) - الكاجو
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil (OR olive oil) - زيت السمسم
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce - صوص السمك التايلاندي
- 1 large garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (shredded) - جنزبيل
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 large lime (deseeded & juiced) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Mix the dressing ingredients and place the dressing in the fridge.
- Toast halved raw cashews in a pan for couple of minutes on low heat and set aside.
- Mix lettuce, arugula and the rest of the greens then add the cucumbers and sprinkle the cooked rice if using any. Top with beef slices. Add dressing and leave it in the fridge until serving time. Sprinkle with toasted cashews and serve.
Banana Peanut Butter Rolls
My son liked to dip bananas in peanut butter for breakfast, and one day he wanted to take to...
Coffee-Rubbed Beef Fillet Chunk
Yes, coffee! It's bitter, it creates a beautiful crust to the meat and most importantly the recipe...
Light Garlic Green Beans with Pine Nuts
A change to traditional green beans recipes, these garlicky green beans with pine nuts make a...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!