Chicken Fillets with Capers Sauce
By Nesreen Bahgat • January 3, 2016
Enjoy these mouthwatering chicken breasts in a creamy capers sauce. One of our favorite recipes in the family, (which I got from my sister in law). It is one of the quickest recipes we prepare during busy days… & goes perfectly with Basmati rice.
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com.
Recipe uploaded by Nesreen Bahgat.
- 3 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 tablespoon oil (optional) - زيت
- 1 kg chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 1 bunch dill (OR less if you're not a fan - finely chopped) - شبت
- 1 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 1 can capers (OR to taste) - حب الكبر
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Clean the chicken breasts and dry it with a paper towel.
- Marinate the chicken breasts with garlic powder, lemon juice, chopped dill, salt and pepper. Leave the chicken to marinate for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
- In a hot pan, add the oil and 2 tablespoons butter. Grill the chicken in the hot pan on both sides until golden brown (2-3 minutes on each side.) Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the rest of the butter. Then add the capers without the accompanying water.
- As the capers cooks, scratch what was left from grilling the chicken using a wooden spoon and add the cooking cream. Bring to a simmer on low/medium heat.
- Add the chicken breasts again to the sauce, cover and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately next to Basmati rice. Bon appétit :)
Leek & Onion Soup
A heartwarming soup that must be prepared every winter in our household. It fits most menus because...
Roast Beef On The Stove
There are several ways to do a roast beef - some people prefer putting it in the oven while others...
Egga is the classic Egyptian Egg Cake. It is baked in the oven until puffed and cooked through....
One Pot Chicken Freekeh
A one-pot meal, this chicken freekeh will be your favourite go to when you want a hearty and delicious meal the whole family will enjoy. You can also serve it in a gathering since it looks lovely in a big dish. Heartwarming, wholesome and delicious the Chicken Freekeh is definitely
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]