Fig & Pomegranate Green Salad
By Salma El Hayawan • September 30, 2015
With fresh healthy greens, sweet figs and super nutritious pomegranates, this extremely easy to prepare salad, is not only yummy but also healthy and filling.
- 2 handful arugula - جرجير
- 2 handful iceberg lettuce - كابوتشا
- 6 slice figs - تين
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate seeds - بذور رمان
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 1/4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1 1/4 teaspoon honey - عسل
Step by step
- To prepare the salad, simply mix the iceberg lettuce and the arugula in a salad bowl. Add sliced figs and pomegranates on top, and mix together.
- For the dressing, mix the olive oil with the balsamic vinegar and honey. Add the dressing to the salad right before serving.
Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
This is a straight-forward stir- fry recipe. It doesn’t need complicated ingredients except maybe...
Fool-Proof One-Pot Molokheya
When it comes to Molokheya, everyone has a personal favourite. Some like it more garlicky, thicker...
Fish & Vegetable Coconut Curry
This curry dish is simple and easy for everyday, yet different and impressive for bigger...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!