Spinach & Carrot Brown Rice Medley
By yasmine • April 28, 2016
From 9 months.
Like most leafy greens, most doctors allow spinach from 9 months. Spinach is a large source of iron in a time babies start crawling and walking. I used to stuff any of my daughter’s food with some spinach leaves – I chop it up and add it to her eggs or to a creamy gratin and or blend it in a homemade fruity juice. This recipe is a yummy example of incorporating spinach.
For more toddler recipes, click here.
- 2 carrots (peeled and cubed) - جزر
- 1 potatoes (peeled & cubed) - بطاطس
- 1 cup baby spinach (or spinach) - سبانخ صغيرة
- 3 tablespoon basmati brown rice - أرز بسمتى بنى
- 1.5 cup chicken broth/stock (OR water) - مرقة دجاج
- 2 tablespoon cooking cream - كريم الطهي
Step by step
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium heat and add rice. Stir for a couple of times, then add carrots, potatoes, and broth/water mix.
- Bring pot to a boil then lower heat and cover. Let it cook for 15 minutes until almost cooked through.
- Add spinach leaves and cover again for another 5 minutes until veggies and rice are cooked through.
- Add one tablespoon cooking cream to each serving (especially when reheating to feed). You can mash the mix with a fork or use a handheld blender for a smoother texture. Serve warm.
Light Garlic Green Beans with Pine Nuts
A change to traditional green beans recipes, these garlicky green beans with pine nuts make a...
Carpaccio on Parmesan Chips
This is a special dish for those people who appreciate a delicate appetiser. It is crispy, smooth,...
Roasted Turmeric Chicken
الوصفة بالعربي The Roasted Turmeric Chicken has bold flavours, vibrant colours, moist...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]