Chicken Waldorf salad
By shahdan • April 19, 2021
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken!
The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
- 6 stem celery - كرفس افرنجي
- 2 large apple (red) - تفاحة
- 1 large lime - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon dill (chopped) - شبت
- 1 large chicken breast fillet (cooked) - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 2 tablespoon dried cranberries - التوت البري المجفف
- 1 handful walnut - عين جمل / جوز
- 1/2 cup yoghurt (measuring cup not commercial cup) - زبادي
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar - خل حمض تفاح
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Finely chop the celery and cut the apples into bite size pieces. Transfer to bowl and add lime juice to prevent the apples from browning.
- Add cooked and chopped chicken pieces, dill and cranberries.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the dressing to the salad and mix gently.
- Finally add walnuts, give the salad another quick stir, then transfer to serving dish.
- Garnish with extra dill and serve or refrigerate until serving time.
Quick Homemade Pizza
You only need three main ingredients, (and about five minutes) to prepare this pizza dough for the...
Simple Grilled Salmon & Mixed Veggies
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. This recipe is an...
Lovely Lentils Simplified
From 9 months. The infamous Annabella Karmel came up with a toddler lentils recipe that is very...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]