By shahdan • May 8, 2020
Baladi Salad, just the traditional Egyptian way…
- 2 medium carrots (grated) - جزر
- 2 medium tomatoes (diced) - طماطم
- 2 medium cucumber (diced) - خيار
- 1/2 small onion (finely chopped) - or 2 stalks spring onions - بصلة
- 1 medium bell pepper (diced) - فلفل ملون
- 1 handful parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 6 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 2 small garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Place all diced vegetables in a salad bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the salad. Mix and serve immediately or cover and refrigerate only for a couple of hours.
Roasted Beets & Carrot Soup
الوصفة بالعربي In season, summer root vegetables marry well together, creating a...
Blue Cheese Roasted Figs
Figs season is here and its time to get creative! This is a great sweet and sour recipe for those...
Cucumber & Chickpea Herb Salad
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]