Carrot & Ginger Soup
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 14, 2015
This Carrot & Ginger Soup is different, loaded with nutrients, and super delicious. This soup is rich and creamy without the cream.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 onions (diced) - بصل
- 5 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 1 kg carrot (peeled and grated) - جزرة
- 5 cup water (or water + stock) - ماء
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1/2 cup coconut milk - لبن جوز الهند
- cilantro (for garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and stir until softened. Add minced garlic, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, and all spice and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and stir to coat and let them cook for a couple of minutes before adding hot water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Let it simmer on low heat for 30 minutes or until carrots are cooked through.
- Use a blender or handheld mixer to puree until smooth. When you are
- When you are ready to serve, add lime juice and coconut milk.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro.
Eat Your Rainbow: Eggplant Dip
It's a lot like the Lebanese ElRaheb but more neutral in taste. It's great to have as a dip or a...
Everyday Carrot & Pumpkin Soup
A yummy creamy and filling soup, this everyday easy-to-do carrot and pumpkin soup just ticks all...
Roasted Thyme Chicken & Potatoes
الوصفة بالعربي Another popular Egyptian classic... A rustic oven dish with one whole...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!