Succulent Beef Burger with Tahini
By shahdan • November 21, 2015
The homemade pickles and tahini make this burger so hard to resist! Juicy and full of flavour, this is a burger that will melt in your mouth! Indulgence in a bun!
For CairoCooking’s homemade pickles click here.
The recipe cooking time includes 30 minutes chilling time.
- 500 gram minced meat - لحم مفروم
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce - صوص ورشيسترشير
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 4 medium bread (burger buns) - خبز
- 6 tablespoon tahini - طحينة
- 3 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1 small lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1/2 cup water - ماء
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste) - ملح
- 16 slice pickled cucumber - خيار مخلل
- 4 leaves lettuce - خس
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- Mix the beef with the mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Divide the meat into 4 and shape each quarter into a round burger patty.
- Cover them, and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- To prepare the tahini, stir in 6 tablespoons of tahini in a bowl, then add the vinegar and the lime. Keep adding water bit by bit while stirring, until you reach the right consistency. (Don't make it too runny.) Add cumin and salt to taste.
- To cook the burger, pat every burger with a little oil and season with a little salt. Heat your grilling pan and cook the burgers on medium heat for a few minutes on each side. Do not try to press the burger to flatten them, they will lose all their juices. It's also best to flip the burger only once.
- To build the burger, spread tahini on the bun base, add 2 slices of pickles followed by the hot burger. Pile more pickles, lettuce and tahini then add the bun top and press gently. Serve immediately.
Halawa & Chocolate Spread
Recipe by Jummana Lotfy. Egyptian Nutella, as my kids like to call it, is an easy recipe for...
I find this recipe a lot simpler than several other Sharkaseya sauce recipes. If you have...
Strawberries Dipped in Chocolate & Icing
This is not really a recipe - it is just a more colorful idea to serving delicious strawberries...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]