Cucumber & Carrot Pickles
By shahdan • November 21, 2015
A bowl of pickles is always a plus on the table. It also adds a new dimension to roast beef, burger and chicken sandwiches… And remember, a nice colorful jar of pickles can always make a nice homemade gift for family and friends.
This recipe is for a 1 litre jar.
- 400 ml boiling water (from the kettle) - ماء ساخن
- 100 ml vinegar - خل
- 3 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 2 medium garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 1 handful mint (optional) - نعناع
- 1 handful dill (thinly sliced- optional) - شبت
- 2 cup cucumber (sliced) - خيار
- 1.5 cup carrots (sliced) - جزر
Step by step
- Drop the sliced carrots and cucumber in a jar. Use enough to fill the jar. Add the garlic, mint and dill on top.
- In a separate measuring jug, mix together the hot boiling water, vinegar and salt and pour into the jar. Make sure the jar is filled up with the water and vinegar till the end.
- Close the jar and leave to cool.
- When it reaches room temperature, place the jar in the fridge so the cucumber and carrots stay nice and crunchy. If you prepare this jar in the morning, you can serve your yummy pickles for dinner. All it needs is a few hours in the fridge and it is ready. How easy is that?
Shredded Carrot & Coriander Salad
This is originally a Gordon Ramsay recipe for outdoor picnics and summer activities. However, we...
Homemade Bounty Bars
This dessert is based on 3 ingredients only yet delicious and easy to prepare! Your kids will...
Grilled Veggie Rolls with Cashew Cheese
These veggie rolls are enriched with the creaminess of the cashew cheese. The combination of the...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]