Shredded Chicken & Avocado Salad
By Nadine Azzam • May 29, 2016
A healthy, quick salad…perfect for the summer!
- 1 large avocado - أفوكادو
- 1 whole chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 1 whole spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 2 large tomatoes - طماطم
- 1 bunch arugula - جرجير
- 1 whole lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 teaspoon horseradish - صوص الهورسرادش
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Boil a raw chicken breast in water. Remove after half an hour, allow it to cool and pull it apart with a fork.
- For the dressing, add mustard, lime & horseradish to a jar and shake. Add salt, and pepper and shake again to mix.
- Roughly chop arugula leaves and all other ingredients into bite-size cubes and mix them together with the chicken and the dressing.
Traditional Dessert Sugar Syrup
This syrup is the main sweetener of most if not all Oriental desserts. You can prepare it in...
Easter Greek Brioche
When Sham ElNesseem is coming our way, all I can think of is the smell of my grandmother's Easter...
Fruit & Oats Cinnamon Nibbling Cake
From 12 months. Everyone loves cake. It is comforting, sweet and soft to the taste. Toddlers at...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!