Warm Peach & Berries Fruit Crumble
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 18, 2015
Starting from the smell while its in the oven, your senses know they’re getting a treat! Its delicious, heart-warming and yet so light.
- 1½ cup oats - شوفان
- 1 cup almonds - لوز
- 1/3 cup maple syrup - شراب القيقب
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 10 peaches - خوخ
- 2 cup berries - توت
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup - شراب القيقب
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
Step by step
- Start by making the crumble layer. Simply place the almonds in a food processor & blend for a few minutes until a flour forms, then add this flour to a mixing bowl with the oats.
- Place the coconut oil, maple syrup & cinnamon in a saucepan and gently heat until the coconut has melted & everything has mixed nicely.
- Pour this over the oat/almond mixture & stir well until all dry ingredients are coated with the maple mix.
- Next peel the peaches & remove the pits, cutting the remaining section into roughly 8 pieces.
- Place the peaches in a sauce pan along with the berries & enough boiling water to just cover the bottom of the pan, probably about a cm’s worth.
- Then add the extra maple syrup plus the cinnamon before putting the lid on the pan and allowing it to simmer for about 5 minutes, until the fruit is nice and soft.
- While this cooks pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Once the fruit is soft transfer it into the bottom of your baking dish and layer the topping above it. Then bake for 25-30 minutes, until the top is nicely browned.
- Finally serve and enjoy!
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Sweet, creamy, and so heart-warming, what's a better winter warmer than home baked...
Butter & Garlic Roasted Carrots
Baby carrots are around all Egyptian farmers' markets and big supermarkets these days, inspiring...
Classic Egyptian Bessara
الوصفه بالعربي A hearty authentic Egyptian dish to be proud of! It will take you to...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]