20-Minute Oven-Roasted Zucchini
By yasmine • March 2, 2020
Simple, delicious, and the perfect companion to any protein dish especially fish! With some simple ingredients, the simple zucchini is transferred into a succulent vegan and wholesome side dish in 20 minutes.
- 500 gram zucchini (sliced lengthwise) - كوسة
- 4 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 teaspoon thyme - زعتر
- 1 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 tablespoon mint (hand-torn leaves) - نعناع
- 50 gram feta cheese (crumbled - optional) - جبنه فيتا
Step by step
- Slice zucchini vertically lengthwise - not too thin to burn in the oven - should yield 4-5 slices each. Place them in a bowl.
- Drizzle zucchini with olive oil. Sprinkle garlic powder, thyme, paprika, salt & pepper. Stir them to cover all with marination. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C. LIne a large oven tray with parchment paper.
- Place zucchini slices next to each other on the tray - don't overarm it. and drizzle the rest of the marination on top.
- Place in the oven for 15-18 minutes until zucchini is cooked through and slightly charred.
- Transfer warm zucchini slices in a flat serving dish. Sprinkle with mint leaves and crumbled feta. Serve next to any protein.
Spinach & Minced Beef Hawawshi
Nothing in your child's lunchbox can be compared to a full meal, like this Spinach and Minced Beef...
Pesto Baked Mussels
This is one of my favorite dishes at one of those pot mussels restaurants. It is so simple yet...
Fruit & Oats Cinnamon Nibbling Cake
From 12 months. Everyone loves cake. It is comforting, sweet and soft to the taste. Toddlers at...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!