Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
By shahdan • March 15, 2019
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold.
Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with some Tahini or Hummus dip for a gathering of friends.
- 1/2 kg minced meat (with only 10% fat) - لحم مفروم
- 1 medium onion (grated) - بصلة
- 1 tablespoon dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 2 eggs - بيض
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (for kofta mix and breading) - بقسماط
- 2 slice toast - توست
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil (for baking) - زيت عباد الشمس
Step by step
- Place minced beef in a bowl and add grated onion, dried mint, parsley, eggs, 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Wet the toast is a little water, then use your hands to squeeze water out of it and add it to the minced beef mix.
- Use your hands to mix the minced beef with all ingredients, until very well combined.
- Shape the beef mix into vertical patties, then cover with bread crumbs (no need to dip in eggs, the beef mix has enough eggs in it.)
- Preheat oven to 200C. Brush an oven tray with oil, then arrange the minced meat patties on the tray. Use your hands to turn them over on the other side while gently rubbing them on the oily tray so that both sides are lightly brushed with oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes, then turn them on the other side and bake again for another 10 minutes until cooked through and golden.
- You may freeze the kofta in a suitable container until you are ready to bake.
Slow-Cooked Asian Beef Cubes
The combination of deep Asian flavours and tender meat makes this Slow-Cooked Asian Beef Cubes dish...
It's healthy and not loaded with sugar like the store-bought stuff! It's good to keep at home for...
Roast Chicken with Lime & Herbs
الوصفه بالعربي When it comes to chicken, the combination of lime, thyme and rosemary...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup
This traditional Beef & Vegetables Soup is not only colourful and delicious, butt it’s also nutrient-dense and a great choice for strong immunity. It’s all you need on cold winter days and when you’re feeling under the weather. It also makes a great Ramadan soup, and can be extra filling with added freekeh just like […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]