Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Vegetable Curry
By shahdan • January 25, 2016
This is a perfect vegetarian option especially when you need a break from regular proteins. With lots of fresh vegetables and exotic aromatic flavours, this dish is not only super nutritious, but it is also absolutely delicious. It will leave you craving for more!
- 2 large sweet potato - بطاطا
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 large onion (finely chopped) - بصلة
- 3 large garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 1 tablespoon curry - كاري
- 1 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 1/4 medium red chili pepper (finely chopped) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 1 can coconut milk (200 ml) - لبن جوز الهند
- 3 cup cauliflower (florets) - قرنبيط
- 1 cup chickpeas (cooked- or 1 can) - حمص
- 3 handful spinach (fresh leaves) - سبانخ
- 3 tablespoon coriander (fresh leaves) - كزبرة
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Peel and chop the sweet potato. Cook for 10 minutes in boiling water until tender, but not too soft. Drain the water and set aside.
- In a pot or deep wok, heat oil and sauté onions for 5 minutes on medium heat until soft. Stir in minced garlic and fresh ginger.
- Add finely chopped chili peppers, turmeric, and a generous tablespoon of good quality curry powder. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets and mix for 2 minutes before you stir in the coconut milk.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer until cauliflower is tender but not too soft (about 10 minutes).
- Add chickpeas, sweet potato, and fresh spinach leaves. Cover and leave to simmer for another 3 minutes - until spinach is slightly wilted.
- Adjust salt and pepper, then add fresh coriander leaves to bring in extra freshness and aroma. Serve warm next to rice or alone.
Buttery & Easy Ghorayeba
This buttery Ghorayeba (traditional Eid cookies) is relatively easy to achieve at home. It is...
Broccoli Salad with Honey-Glazed Walnuts
Vibrant, fresh and nutritious, this Broccoli Salad will be your new favourite vegetable/salad dish...
No-Recipe Roasted Vegetable Platter
This is a very simple recipe that goes a long way. I like to serve it on almost every dinner party...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!
Leave a comment