By shahdan • May 8, 2019
Adding lentils to Tabboula, not only gives this classic salad a beautiful earthy flavour, but it also makes it filling and nutritious enough to be a complete vegan dish on its own, or delightful side dish served next to grilled protein.
- 1/2 cup brown lentils (soaked in water for 1 hour) - عدس بني
- 1/3 cup bulgur - برغل
- 1 cup parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
- 2 large tomato - طماطم
- 1 stalks spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 8 leaves mint - نعناع
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 3 large lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
Step by step
- Rinse pre-soaked lentils with fresh water, then place in a small saucepan, cover generously with water and place on medium heat until lentils are soft but not mushy. Drain water and set aside to cool.
- Wash bulgur with water. Place in a bowl. Cover with boiling water from a kettle and cover bowl. Within 30 minutes, bulgur will soften. Drain water and set aside to cool.
- In the meant time, finely chop parsley, tomatoes, spring onion and mint. Mix in a medium salad bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small jar.
- When lentils and bulgur have cooled, add to the salad bowl. Pour dressing over them and mix. Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with extra chopped tomatoes and fresh mint leaves.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and...
Guiltless Creamy Chicken Mushroom
الوصفة بالعربي This guiltless creamy chicken is so good, it can become an...
Fried Eggs with Dates (Aagwa)
This is a childhood favourite! The sweetness of the dates fried in butter with the lightly...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!