Mashed Sweet Potato with a Twist
By shahdan • April 8, 2015
Bored of the daily rice, pasta and mashed potatoes? This side dish will wow your family and friends and will have everyone asking how you did it! The sweet earthy flavour of sweet potatoes with the tanginess of ginger, and the freshness of coconut cream aroma, make this dish simply irresistible! The cooking time is long, because the sweet potatoes need their time to roast in the oven. But the hands-on time for this special side dish, will not exceed 10 minutes!
- 2 kg sweet potato - بطاطا
- 1 can coconut cream - كريمة جوز الهند
- 1 piece fresh ginger around 2 cm piece or to taste - جنزبيل
- to taste black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Wash the sweet potatoes and bake in a hot oven for 60- 90 minutes until nice and soft.
- Use your hands to peel the sweet potatoes and mash the inside in a bowl using a masher or a fork.
- Heat the coconut cream in a pot, and stir in the sliced fresh ginger and let it boil with the cream on a low heat.
- Using a sieve, stir in the ginger flavoured coconut cream over the sweet potato mash.
- Adjust the flavour with freshly cracked black pepper and serve with your favourite protein.
Creamy Mussels Pasta Tagliatelle
Mussles are so easy to cook yet always add luxury to any menu. This dish takes so little time...
Zucchini Noodles with Pesto Sauce
This Zucchini Noodles recipe is amazing for kids as it gives them the feel of eating noodles not...
Spinach & Carrot Brown Rice Medley
From 9 months. Like most leafy greens, most doctors allow spinach from 9 months. Spinach is a...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!