Kids Tomato Pasta Sauce with Secret Ingredients
By shahdan • May 7, 2015
Who said pasta cannot be healthy? With fresh ripe tomatoes, hidden onions, carrots, zucchini, and celery, this pasta sauce is filled with healthy goodies. And the bright side: your kids will not even notice.
Find out how to upgrade this recipe to a more fancy and even healthier grown-up version through the following link.: Tomatoey Pasta Sauce with lots of Greens
(suitable for freezing)
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 500 gram tomatoes - طماطم
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped) - بصلة
- 2 large zucchini (grated) - كوسة
- 1 large carrot (grated) - جزرة
- 3 stick celery (thinnly sliced) - كرفس افرنجي
- 2 large garlic cloves (crushed) - فصوص ثوم
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary (fresh without stem) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme - زعتر
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste - معجون طماطم / صلصة طماطم
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar - سكر
- 1 pinch salt and pepper (or to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 3 tablespoon cooking cream (optional) - كريم الطهي
Step by step
- Prepare your veggies: chop the tomatoes and give it a quick blend in a blender or food processor. Finely chop the onion and celery. Grate the zucchini and carrot.
- Next, heat the oil in a pot, and add the onion and celery. Cook on a low heat, while stirring occasionally until soft (about 5 minutes.)
- Next, add the garlic, zucchini and carrots and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, herbs, and salt and pepper. Increase the heat to medium until it boils, then lower the heat and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- When your sauce is done simmering, use a handheld blender to make it creamy and smooth. ( You can also use your regular blender or food processor.)
- Optional: you may stir in a little cream for a richer and creamier consistency.
- Serve on your kids' favourite pasta.
Morning Booster: Creamy Porridge with Fruits
What’s healthier and more filling than a bowl of creamy oats and fruits for...
No-Recipe Roasted Vegetable Platter
This is a very simple recipe that goes a long way. I like to serve it on almost every dinner party...
Soy & Ginger Bulgur Salad
The soy & ginger bulgur is an exotic and tasty salad on its own, as well as a great side dish...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]