Tender & Juicy Chicken Breast Fillets
By shahdan • March 18, 2016
On busy days, most people choose to cook chicken breast fillets, just because the fillets are easy to handle, and cook quickest. The only problem is how dry they usually end up. This recipe (or rather method), will guarantee juicy and tender grilled chicken breast fillets every time, because the chicken cooks evenly and quickly without losing any of its juices.
You don’t need to stick to the seasoning ingredients in this recipe. Just experiment with your favourite herbs and spices!
Try serving this light and moist chicken with CairoCooking’s Easy No-Bake Cheesy Spinach Béchamel.
- 4 medium chicken breast - صدور دجاج
- 1 tablespoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small lime (optional) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Spread a large piece of parchment paper on the kitchen table. Arrange the chicken fillets on one half of the paper, and season with oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Fold the second half of the parchment paper over the chicken. Use a rolling pin or a meat mallet (or even a pan) to bash the chicken until the thicker part flattens and the whole breast is less than 1 cm thick. (You can wrap the chicken in the parchment paper and leave to marinate in the fridge until cooking time, or proceed with cooking immediately).
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a griddle or frying pan and cook the chicken for a few minutes on both sides until golden and cooked through. You may squeeze a little lime juice over the chicken for an extra kick. Serve immediately.
Asian Quinoa Salad
This salad is so flavourful and full of nutrient-dense ingredients. Quinoa is a great substitute...
Popcorn Granola Trailmix
Your kids will love this Popcorn Granola Trailmix in their lunchbox. It is also so nutritious and...
Leek & Onion Soup
A heartwarming soup that must be prepared every winter in our household. It fits most menus because...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!