Mixed Bean Salad
By shahdan • July 18, 2016
The Mixed Bean Salad is perfect for everyday and large gatherings espeically summer barbecues. It is a great option when the weather is too hot for lettuce.
It is healthier to cook the beans at home (after soaking them overnight), however, canned beans make a good alternative on busy days.
For best results, refrigerate the salad for a few hours or overnight after adding the dressing allowing the flavors to combine.
- 300 gram green beans (fresh) - فاصوليا خضراء
- 1 can white beans (400 gram cannellini beans) - فاصوليا بيضاء
- 1 can red kidney beans (400 gram) - فاصوليا حمراء
- 1 medium red onion - بصلة حمراء
- 3 tablespoon coriander (chopped) - كزبرة
- 6 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 3 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1 medium lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1.5 teaspoon honey - عسل
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Mix dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Wash green beans, cut off their edges, then cut them in half.
- Boil water in a large pot. Add green beans and let them simmer over low heat for 3-4 minutes. Rinse with fresh cold water to retain their fresh green colour. Put in the serving bowl and set aside.
- Empty bean cans in a large sieve. Rinse them with fresh water then add to the green beans.
- Slice onion to thin half circles and add them with the chopped coriander to the mixed beans serving bowl.
- Add dressing, mix gently, and let it cool in the fridge until it's serving time. You can prepare this salad up to one day in advance. Taste and adjust salt & pepper before serving.
Easy Fruity Frozen Yoghurt Cups
Creamy, sweet, and full of nutritional goodness, these fruity frozen yoghurt cups make...
These Truffle Potatoes are so easy to prepare yet have bangs of flavor and yumminess. It is a...
Colorful Tuna & Quinoa Salad
A colourful tuna & Quinoa salad packed with vitamins and healthy protein. Place it in a packed...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Leave a comment