Rich Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
By shahdan • November 17, 2019
This rich & silky Tomato Pasta Sauce will be your new favorite pasta sauce. It is not just perfect for everyday but also great for large gatherings when you need a beautiful bowl of pasta. Cooked with ripe Egyptian tomatoes, and garnished with fresh green basil, flavorful Parmesan shaves & creamy Buffalo mozzarella, this pasta dish will become the centre of your every dinner table.
This recipe is enough for 500g pasta. You can easily double the quantities for bigger gatherings.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onion (finely chopped) - بصلة
- 3 medium garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 500 gram tomatoes (chopped) - طماطم
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste - معجون طماطم / صلصة طماطم
- 3/4 cup water - ماء
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar - سكر
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1/4 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 12 leaves basil (chopped) - ريحان
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 500 gram pasta - معكرونة
- 1 piece buffalo mozzarella (about 100g) - جبنة موزاريلا جاموسي
- small piece parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
Step by step
- Heat oil in a large pan and sauté onions on low heat until soft. Add minced garlic and give it another stir.
- Add chopped tomatoes, increase heat to high, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Next, add tomato paste, water, sugar and oregano. Cover and leave to simmer on medium/low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Using a handheld blender, blend into a creamy sauce. You can freeze the sauce in a suitable container at this point.
- To finish off the sauce, add a splash of cooking cream, and half of the chopped basil leaves.
- Cook pasta according to pack instructions until al dente. Drain pasta and add to the sauce immediately.
- Mix gently and transfer to serving dish. Garnish with extra basil leaves, grated Parmesan and chunks of buffalo mozzarella. Serve immediately.
Dill & Lemon Salmon Tagliatelle
Succulent and flaky salmon chunks are served on a bed of Italian tagliatelle and covered with a...
Banana & Coconut Bread
This bread is beyond scrumptious and moist with a divine smell. This is probably the most...
Traditional Sweet Vermicelli (She3reyya)
Sweet Vermicelli or 'She3reyya bel Sokkar' is the perfect traditional winter warmer when you need...
These Truffle Potatoes are so easy to prepare yet have bangs of flavor and yumminess. It is a special side dish to your fillet or fish dish. If you cant find baby potatoes, cut large potatoes in large cubes – same size as half baby potatoes. Also, make sure you get a good quality truffle […]
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
One Pot Chicken Freekeh
A one-pot meal, this chicken freekeh will be your favourite go to when you want a hearty and delicious meal the whole family will enjoy. You can also serve it in a gathering since it looks lovely in a big dish. Heartwarming, wholesome and delicious the Chicken Freekeh is definitely
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]