Everyday Salad with Balsamic Dijon Dressing
By shahdan • June 11, 2016
No table is ever complete without a bowl of fresh green salad dressed in a tasty homemade dressing. This is a simple recipe for everyday.
- 1/4 large iceberg lettuce - كابوتشا
- 1 handful rocket - جرجير افرنجى
- 2 large tomatoes (diced) - طماطم
- 2 large cucumber (diced) - خيار
- 4 small radish (thinly sliced) - فجل
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1/2 teaspoon honey - عسل
- 1 pinch garlic powder (crushed- or 1 pinch garlic powder) - بودرة ثوم
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Place the washed (but dry) lettuce in the salad bowl. Add the rocket on top, followed by the diced tomatoes and cucumber. Garnish with the thinly sliced radish.
- In a jar or small bowl, mix all dressing ingredients together.
- Dress the salad right before serving.
Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Vegetable Curry
This is a perfect vegetarian option especially when you need a break from regular proteins. With...
Savoury Qatayef with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Cheese
Sun-dried tomatoes and cheese are a match made in heaven! Stuffing our traditional Qatayef with...
Chewy Toffee & Nut On Biscuits
It is chewy from the toffee, crunchy from the bottom biscuit while the whole almonds give it a...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!