Simple Greens Chicken Broth
By Shewekar Elgharably • June 15, 2015
Nothing can replace a good homemade chicken broth. Prepare it in large quantities, freeze it, and you will always have the perfect healthy base for all your soups and meals.
- 2.5 kg chicken (backs and necks) - دجاج
- 1 large leek (chopped) - كرات
- 1 large onion (chopped) - بصلة
- 2 large carrots (chopped) - جزر
- 1 stalks celery (chopped) - كرفس افرنجي
- 4 sprig parsley - بقدونس
- 2 sprig thyme (fresh) - زعتر
- 5 piece black peppercorns - حبوب فلفل أسود
- 3 pod cardamom - حبهان
Step by step
- In a stockpot, combine the chicken parts, leek, onion, carrots, celery, parsley, thyme and peppercorns.
- Add room temperature water to cover by 2 cm.
- Bring to almost a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover partially, and simmer for about 2 hours.
- Remove from the heat and strain. Press down on the solids to extract all the liquid and discard the solids.
- Let the stock stand for 10 minutes then skim off the fat from the surface.
- Use the stock at once or let cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Lift off and discard the fat congealed on the surface before using.
Dukka is a traditional Egyptian spice mix. It used to be a popular street food, eaten with...
Classic Egyptian Lentils
A beautiful and filling Sohour dish, these delicious lentils always get the most attention on any...
Honey Cinnamon Toasties
From 12 months. Make your kids happy with those yummy sweet toasties. Healthy, super simple, and...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!