No-Bake Mac & Cheese
By shahdan • January 20, 2019
This is a quick and easy No-Bake Mac & Cheese that my kids love and ask for, especially during the winter season. It is not the lightest meal, but it is hearty and delicious.
The cheese sauce is made out of a relatively thinner béchamel sauce where the cheese thickens the consistency making it just the perfect creamy & cheesy sauce for the pasta.
I use half-cream milk, but you can use full cream if you like.
- 500 gram pasta (any small shape) - معكرونة
- 1/2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1/2 tablespoon sunflower oil - زيت عباد الشمس
- 1 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 2.5 cup half cream milk (about 600ml) - لبن نصف دسم
- 4 slice cheddar cheese - جبن شيدر
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese - جبنة بارميزان
- 1 pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cook pasta according to pack instructions. Drain and set aside.
- To prepare the sauce, melt butter with oil in a pot. Add flour and stir. Let flour bubble for 30 seconds on low heat then add a little milk and whisk, making sure the mixture is lump-free.
- When the milk thickens, add a little more and whisk making sure the sauce thickens every time before you add more milk. Finish adding milk to reach a thin béchamel consistency. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper then take off the heat.
- Break cheese into pieces, add to the sauce and whisk until the cheese melts in the mixture. Add grated parmesan and whisk further.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce and mix gently until all pasta is covered with the sauce. Serve immediately.
Scrumptious Homemade Pretzels
Did you know that yummy pretzels can be baked from your leftover pizza dough? Yes – this is for...
A sweet and juicy bread base is covered with a thick layer of creamy milk pudding, flavoured with...
Classic Egyptian Belila
Nothing beats a warm bowl of belila with coconut and nuts! The ultimate winter comfort...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]