Easy Shrimp Curry
By shahdan • October 16, 2015
This shrimp curry is not only flavoursome and rich, but it is also super healthy… With very basic ingredients, you can prepare this exotic dish at home.
- 500 gram shrimp (peeled or peeled & tail-on) - جمبري
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 medium onion (chopped) - بصلة
- 4 medium garlic clove (crushed or finely chopped) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (peeled and grated) - جنزبيل
- 2 tablespoon curry (good quality curry powder) - كاري
- 6 small tomatoes - طماطم
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (optional) - معجون طماطم / صلصة طماطم
- 4 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 1 handful coriander - كزبرة
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 1/2 medium red chili pepper (optional) - فلفل أحمر حار
Step by step
- First, chop the tomatoes and transfer them into a blender, together with the tomato paste (for a richer tomato colour). Blend carefully with small short intervals. Do not over-blend, you should still have tomato chunks because this is what will give the sauce its thick consistency. Set aside.
- To prepare your veggies, cut the green onions diagonally into thin strips, and chop a handful of fresh coriander leaves.
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok, add the chopped onion, followed by the ginger and garlic, and cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the curry powder and cook for 1 minute, then stir in the shrimps and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. If using chili peppers, add a few finely chopped slices.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and leave to simmer for a few minutes until the shrimps are cooked through. (Make sure not to overcook the shrimps.)
- Add the spring onions and the chopped fresh coriander, and leave to simmer for another 2 minutes. Adjust salt and pepper before you serve! Garnish with more coriander leaves.
Peanut Butter & Coloured Peppers Baladi Wrap
The sweetness of coloured peppers with the saltines of this guiltfree all natural peanut butter...
If you find yourself cooking rice daily, you may want to try cooking freekeh instead. It is...
Fennel & Pomegranate Salad
Fennel & Pomegranate Salad is such a simple salad full of nutrition for the whole family and...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!