Cinnamon Star Cookies
By yasmine • January 10, 2020
A childhood favorite, these cinnamon star cookies are a nutty, cinnamony and sweet treat for Christmas. It is also a lovely edible gift all year round. It will fill your house with heartwarming spice smells.
- 6 egg whites - بياض بيض
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 3 cup icing sugar - سكر بودرة
- 500g almond flour - دقيق اللوز
- 1/4 cup cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves (ground) - قرنفل
- 1/4 nutmeg (ground) - جوزة الطيب
Step by step
- Beat the egg whites and vanilla until it forms a stiff peak - around 5-6 min. Gradually add icing sugar and beat until well combined and creamy.
- Combine almond flour with cinnamon, salt & spices.
- Slowly pour only 3/4 of the icing mixture over the almond mix and stir slowly to combine. Bring the formed dough into a disc form and cover wrap with cling film. Don’t worry that the dough is sticky - it’ll be easier to handle later. Place in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight.
- To bake the cookies, preheat oven to 120C. Dust a clean surface and your roller with icing sugar and roll out the dough to 1cm thickness.
- Spread the remaining icing evenly on top of the dough and use a star cookie cutter to cut out the pieces. You might need to dust the cutter with icing sugar or immerse in water in order for the dough not to stick to it.
- Place on the lower oven rack for 12-14 minutes until the dough is baked but the icing remains white.
Delicious Tiramisu Siciliano
While living in Europe, one of my best friends was the amazing Elisa from Sicily! I used to LOVE...
Succulent Beef Burger with Tahini
الوصفة بالعربي The homemade pickles and tahini make this burger so hard to...
Banana & Date Whole-Wheat Cake
I came across a lot of baking recipes when I tried to introduce my toddler to sweets without adding...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]