Chicken Salad Sandwich with Dried Cranberries
By CairoCooking • September 25, 2016
For a hassle-free morning, prepare this creamy chicken-salad sandwich filler one day in advance and use it in the morning to prepare the most delicious and nutritious chicken sandwiches! Make sure to have lots of fresh greens, such as baby spinach, arugula, or lettuce, readily washed and hand-torn in the fridge to complete this yummy sandwich!
- 1 medium chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 1 medium carrot - جزرة
- 1 small green onion (or half a small white onion) - بصل أخضر
- 1 piece cardamom - حبهان
- 4 tablespoon yoghurt - زبادي
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 stick celery - كرفس افرنجي
- 1 pinch garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 teaspoon dried cranberries - التوت البري المجفف
- 1 handful baby spinach - سبانخ صغيرة
- 1 handful lettuce - خس
- 4 slice rye bread
- sea salt - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Place chicken fillet in a small pot with the green onions, cardamom, half the carrot, salt and pepper. Cover with water and bring to the boil, then lower the heat and leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from water, allow to cool then cut into cubes.
- In a separate bowl, mix yoghurt with Dijon mustard, finely chopped celery and garlic powder. Grate the remaining carrot and add to the mixture. Add cooled chicken cubes and dried cranberries and mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste. You may store it in a sealed box in the fridge to use as sandwich filler later on.
- To prepare the sandwiches, arrange baby spinach and/or lettuce on 2 slices of rye bread. Divide the chicken salad filling between the two slices, then top them with the remaining 2 rye bread slices. Press gently and wrap them tightly for the lunchbox.
Mushroom & Onion Pie
Pies are so hearty, filling and a special treat on any dining table. I used store-bought short...
Vermicelli with Almonds
Vermicelli with Almonds (she'reya) has always been an important dish on my family's dinner party-...
Easy Egg Salad Sandwich
This easy egg salad sandwich is creamy, delicious and super nutritious. It will leave your kids...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.