Classic Spinach Soup
By shahdan • January 9, 2016
Creamy and super nutritious… this spinach soup will pleasantly surprise you with its rich flavours.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 large onion (chopped) - بصلة
- 3 medium garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 400 gram spinach (leaves) - سبانخ
- 1 liter vegetable stock (or 2 cubes dissolved in 4 cups of hot water) - مرقة خضار
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (or to taste) - جوزة الطيب
- 1/4 cup cooking cream (optional) - كريم الطهي
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil and sauté the onions and the garlic on low heat, until soft.
- Add the spinach leaves and mix with the onions for a minute before you add the vegetable stock.
- Cover and leave to simmer on medium to low heat for 10- 15 minutes.
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir in the cream and nutmeg. Adjust salt and pepper. Simmer on low heat for another 5 minutes, then serve.
Leave a comment
2 responses to “Classic Spinach Soup”
Leave a Reply
Quick Coconut Chicken Curry
The Coconut Chicken Curry is a favourite in our house and my quick go-to dish on busy days. It...
Walnut & Date Cake
Since It is the Eid season after Ramadan, I found everybody is running to do the traditional Eid...
Roasted Eggplant & Halloumi Spaghetti
A hearty & flavorful pasta dish that is also light and easy to prepare. I used oat spaghetti...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
These Truffle Potatoes are so easy to prepare yet have bangs of flavor and yumminess. It is a special side dish to your fillet or fish dish. If you cant find baby potatoes, cut large potatoes in large cubes – same size as half baby potatoes. Also, make sure you get a good quality truffle […]
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Leeks are a special crop that comes in season in short intervals. It is commonly used in our Falafel but there are so many other ways to enjoy its freshness and uniqueness, like this Leek & Potato Soup. This recipe can be ready in 30 minutes, and a perfect side dish to all protein.
Is it dangerous and unhealthy to reheat the spinach once again, so i heard?
Hi Samia, I am no expert in nutritional benefits and harms. However, I read a couple of articles advocating against reheating. Having said that, I personally reheat one time max.