Butter & Garlic Carrot Bites
By yasmine • March 20, 2016
From 12 months.
The best solution to help toddlers (from 1 year) feed themselves is to provide delicious bite size options. At this age they want to be independent and feed themselves with the spoon or their hand, forcing you to get creative with healthy yet tasty nibbles. These carrot bites can be enjoyed warm or cold, are easy to hold in their small fingers and soft to chew.
For more toddler recipes, click here.
- 3 carrots (use thin carrots) - جزر
- 2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 2 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
Step by step
- Wash carrots very well and cut them unpeeled into bite sizes. Half centimeter circles would be fun for toddlers.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Melt butter in a large pan and add minced garlic and carrots. Stir to coat carrot bites. Sprinkle paprika. After butter is totally melted and before garlic browns, remove from heat.
- Cover pan with a lid and place it in the middle of the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes (until carrot bites are soft). Let it cool before serving it to your toddler.
Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup
Photo Credit: Yehia ElAlaily The Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup can be garnished with shrimps on...
Oven-Baked Fish with Potatoes
الوصفة بالعربي The beauty of this homemade oven-baked fish lies in its simplicity....
Broccoli & Basil Soup
This good-for-you Green Broccoli and Basil soup is creamy and delicious without the need to add any...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]