Classical Rice Pudding
By shahdan • June 26, 2016
Dig into this classic rice pudding and enjoy its delicate flavour. It is super silky & creamy, it will melt in your mouth!
- 1/2 cup rice - أرز
- 4 cup water - ماء
- 3 tablespoon corn flour - نشا
- 1 liter half cream milk (4 cups) - لبن نصف دسم
- 6 tablespoon sugar - سكر
- 4 tablespoon cream - قشطة
- raw nuts (to taste) - مكسرات
- cinnamon powder (to taste) - قرفة
Step by step
- Place the rice and water in a pot over medium heat and allow to boil. When it boils lower the heat and leave to simmer uncovered until rice is cooked and water is absorbed (about 15-20 minutes - like you would regularly cook rice).
- Mix the corn flour and sugar with the cold milk, making sure all corn flour is dissolved.
- Add milk mixture to the rice and cook over low heat, stirring continuously, until milk thickens (about 10 minutes). Make sure to keep stirring so that rice does not stick to the bottom of the pot and keep the heat on low, so the milk does not burn either.
- When milk thickens, take the pot off heat and add the cream. (Note: milk will thicken further when refrigerated). Gently stir until all cream is dissolved and well combined.
- Pour the rice pudding in one serving bowl or divide into 4 to 6 small dessert bowls. Let it cool then place it in the fridge, when it reaches room temperature, for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Serve cold after you garnish with your favourite nuts, cinnamon or fresh fruits.
Hearty Harira Soup
الوصفة بالعربي My parents lived in Algeria for a year before I was born. There, my...
Honey Mustard Chicken
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for....
Red Cabbage Warm Salad
This red cabbage warm salad is a nice change to your traditional greens-based salads. The sweetness...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]