No-recipe Falafel Platter with Vegetable Wraps
By shahdan • June 15, 2015
Add colour to your gatherings table with this fun falafel-wraps platter. To substitute bread, fill fresh lettuce and cabbage leaves with your favourite white cheese, tomatoes and mint. Your guests will enjoy creating their own gluten-free sandwiches by wrapping delicious homemade falafel (that is also loaded with greens and healthy beans) in refreshing lettuce and cabbage leaves. Link to falafel dough: The Greenest Falafel Dough
- iceberg lettuce - كابوتشا
- red cabbage - كرنب أحمر
- white cheese (baramily or your favourite cheese - cut in cubes) - جبن بيضاء
- tomatoes (diced) - طماطم
- olive oil - زيت زيتون
- dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- spring onion (optional) - بصلة خضراء
- CairoCooking falafel dough - عجينة الطعمية
Step by step
- Cut your lettuce and red cabbage in halves and carefully cut out bowl-like leaves.
- Fill the leaves with cubes of your favourite cheese and scatter tomato cubes and dried mint on top. You may also choose to add some chopped spring onions, before you drizzle some olive oil on the cheese.
- To avoid deep frying, put two tablespoon of oil into the frying pan (over low heat) and use a spoon to add small falafel patties. Turn when nicely coloured and golden. Make sure you prepare enough to fill the wraps with at least one falafel piece or more.
- Serve immediately on a platter or a large chopping board with the freshly baked falafel in a separate dish to stay warm.
Soggo’ Baladi with Pomegranate Molasses
With a crunchy bite and creamy sweetness from the molasses, this Soggo' Baladi with Pomegranate...
Summer Watermelon Salad
This Summer Watermelon Salad is light and refreshing! This is definitely the perfect salad for hot...
You know that 'batates sandwich' everyone loves at 'foul' shops? These quesadillas are the Mexican...
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Spiced Potato & Peas
This spiced potato and peas recipe is the perfect side dish for any protein. It is filling, heartwarming and deliciously spiced, your family and friends will definitely be taking seconds.
Green Falafel Omelette
Falafel Omelette is an easy, nutritious and delicious breakfast/ brunch idea for those who want a filling healthy meal without the bread. This is a childhood recipe and it’s so close to my heart because I learned it from my grandmother. I use homemade Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya) that I prepare and freeze in batches because I […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]