Beetroot & Mint Dip
By shahdan • October 14, 2016
Beetroot & mint are a match made in heaven! This hearty Beetroot & Mint dip is sweet, tangy, fragrant, and creamy… It makes a great dip for casual gatherings, served with vegetable sticks or crackers. For a colourful hour d’ouvre table, you may also want to serve it with a selection of other dips such as an Eggplant Dip, Bessara, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, White Beans Dip, Green Caviar Dip, or Guacamole.
- 4 medium beetroot (about 300 grams, cooked, peeled & cubed) - بنجر
- 1 handful mint (about 20 leaves) - نعناع
- 1 small lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 medium garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 4 tablespoon yoghurt (or Labna) - زبادي
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- In a small food processor, add cubed cooked beetroots, mint leaves and minced garlic clove. Pulse for short intervals until very finely chopped yet not pureed.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add lime juice and yoghurt or labna and stir. For best results, gradually add the yoghurt or labna while you mix to have control over the consistency you like.
- Season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, and garnish with fresh mint leaves. You can store it in a sealed container in the fridge for a couple of days.
Halloumi, Tomato & Arugula Slicers
Such a simple and quick appetiser that looks and tastes good guaranteed! For a more luxurious...
You know that 'batates sandwich' everyone loves at 'foul' shops? These quesadillas are the Mexican...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.