Eat Your Rainbow: Eggplant Dip
By yasmine • May 20, 2015
It’s a lot like the Lebanese ElRaheb but more neutral in taste. It’s great to have as a dip or a healthy sandwich filler.
- 2 large eggplant - باذنجان رومي
- 1 small red onion (diced) - بصلة حمراء
- 1 large tomato (deseeded and diced) - طماطم
- 1/2 medium yellow pepper (diced) or red bell pepper - فلفل أصفر
- 2 tablespoon parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate seeds (optional) - بذور رمان
- 2 medium lemon - ليمون
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Heat oven at 180C. Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise, lather with olive oil, poke skin and roast in the oven skin down for 30 to 45 minutes until tender.
- Use a fork to scratch out the eggplants tender insides, and put in a medium bowl to cool for a few minutes.
- Mix in the red onions, pepper, pomegranate, ending with tomato and parsley. Add the olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper to taste.
Spinach & Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breast with Tomato & Carrot Cream Sauce
This recipe is the runner-up to #MyBestDish cooking competition. This recipe is perfect for any...
Creamy Salmon Fillets Farfelle
Creamy & heavenly, the Salmon Farfelle Pasta is a restaurant-quality dish, in the comfort of...
الوصفه بالعربي This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.