Avocado Caprese Salad
By shahdan • July 16, 2015
Colourful and super-tasty, this Caprese is served differently to cater for bigger crowds. In this special salad, cubed fresh mozzarella and red ripe tomatoes are tossed with fresh rocket leaves, infused with fresh basil then dressed with a simple balsamic vinaigrette. And if that’s not enough, extra avocado cubes are added on top for even more goodness.
- 2 bunch rocket (OR baladi arugula) - جرجير افرنجى
- 6 tomatoes (cubed) - طماطم
- 1 large avocado (cubed) - أفوكادو
- 250 gram buffalo mozzarella (fresh) - جبنة موزاريلا جاموسي
- 1 handful basil - ريحان
- 2 lime - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1 lime - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- First, mix the rocket leaves with the fresh basil then scatter them in your shallow serving plate or bowl.
- Cube the tomatoes, mozzarella and ripe avocado, then add them on top of the rocket & basil mix.
- Now you need to generously squeeze lime juice over the salad to prevent the avocados from going black. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together, and pour over the salad right before serving.
Leave a comment
One response to “Avocado Caprese Salad”
Leave a Reply
The Juiciest Shish Tawook
الوصفه بالعربي Simple, juicy, and full of flavour... This Shish Tawook recipe will...
Baby Spinach & Mozzarella Salad
Great for entertaining, this salad was created when I decided we need to eat these two beautiful...
One Pot Chicken Freekeh
A one-pot meal, this chicken freekeh will be your favourite go to when you want a hearty and...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!
Tried this salad..it’s fast, easy, healthy and yummy! Would do it again for sure