Light Garlic Green Beans with Pine Nuts
By yasmine • November 9, 2016
A change to traditional green beans recipes, these garlicky green beans with pine nuts make a great side to any protein dish. It is also a filling veggie option on its own with added Parmesan or without.
- 500 gram green beans - فاصوليا خضراء
- 3 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 2 lemon zest - قشر الليمون
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2-3 tablespoon parmesan cheese (optional) - جبنة بارميزان
- 1 handful pine nuts (toasted) - صنوبر
- 1/2 cup parsley (finely chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- In a medium pot, boil water then add the green beans (each trimmed and cut into two). Let the beans simmer for 5 minutes then drain the boiling water and put the beans immediately in a bowl with ice water, to stop the cooking process and keep it's bright green colour. You may also place it in the fridge, instead.
- In the meantime, toast pine nuts for a couple of minutes in a small pan over medium heat until golden.
- In a small bowl, add lemon zest to minced garlic, one tablespoon olive oil, pine nuts, salt and pepper.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a medium pan and stir in the green beans for a couple of minutes. Then add the lemon zest/garlic mix and stir for another 2 minutes. Add fresh chopped parsley, and Parmesan, if using any, and serve immediately.
Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try...
Sun-dried Tomato Hummus with Basil
Everyone's favourite hummus dip, only a lot tastier with yummy sundried tomatoes and fragrant...
Authentic Neapolitan Italian Pizza
There is nothing quite as comforting as a home-baked treat that fills the house with heart-warming...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!