Vegetable Glass Noodles
By shahdan • March 31, 2015
Who wouldn’t like a bowl of Asian Glass noodles with luscious fresh vegetables? It is perfect and easy enough for every day, and always makes a very special dish in big dinner parties. You can add extra vegetables such as flat snow peas, Chinese cabbage, or broccoli, however it is still super yummy with the basic carrot, zucchini, and spring onions.
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 3 medium carrots - جزر
- 3 large zucchini - كوسة
- 5 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 3 large garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 2 cm slice fresh ginger (fresh) - جنزبيل
- 1 pack glass noodles (250 grams) - شعرية صيني شفافة
- 6 tablespoon light soy sauce - صوص الصويا الخفيف
- 3 tablespoon oyster sauce - صوص المحار
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional) - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- Cut your carrots and zucchini, into long strips. I find the mandolin the most amazing kitchen gadget that gives you these thin equal-sized strips without the need for any knife skills. But you can always use your sharp knife.
- Cut the spring onions diagonally into thin strips.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large wok or pan. Stir in the zucchini and carrots and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the crushed garlic cloves (using garlic crusher is the easiest and fastest way), and the grated ginger. If you love the zingy ginger flavor you can always add extra thinly sliced pieces as well, it’ll add an extra dimension to the crunchy veggies.
- Finally add the spring onion, and make sure not to overcook your veggies. This process should not take more than 5 minutes.
- Finally add the soy and oyster sauces and the sesame oil. You may also add thinly sliced red hot chili pepper for extra spice (optional.) Let it simmer for an extra minute and turn off the heat.
- In a separate bowl, soak the glass noodles in hot water (from the kettle) for around 5 minutes until nice and soft, then drain well.
- Toast the sesame seeds by shaking in a pan over medium heat until fragrant and golden (for about 1- 2 minutes).
- Add the soaked glass noodles to your vegetable stir fry and mix gently without breaking the vegetable sticks. Simmer for 2 minutes and serve after sprinkling toasted sesame seeds on top.
Soy & Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
الوصفة بالعربي This luscious chicken stir-fry dish is easy, delicious and packed with...
Light Yoghurt & Freekeh Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This light yoghurt & freekeh soup reminds me of my childhood....
Slow-Cooked Asian Beef Cubes
The combination of deep Asian flavours and tender meat makes this Slow-Cooked Asian Beef Cubes dish...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
These Truffle Potatoes are so easy to prepare yet have bangs of flavor and yumminess. It is a special side dish to your fillet or fish dish. If you cant find baby potatoes, cut large potatoes in large cubes – same size as half baby potatoes. Also, make sure you get a good quality truffle […]