Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
By Norhan Tarek • February 16, 2019
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour (185g) - دقيق أبيض
- 1/2 cup bread flour (65 gram) or all purpose flour - دقيق الخبز
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda - بيكربونات الصودا
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1 teaspoon cloves (ground cloves) - قرنفل
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder - بودرة جنزبيل
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 150 gram candied ginger (optional)
- 100 gram sugar (1/2 cup plus more for coating) - سكر
- 110 gram brown sugar (1/2 cup) - سكر بني
- 135 ml sunflower oil (1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon) - زيت عباد الشمس
- 75 ml water (1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon) - ماء
Step by step
- In a large bowl, mix together all purpose flour, bread flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, candied ginger (if using) and the spices together.
- In another bowl, add sugar, brown sugar, sun flower oil and water then mix with a whisk for a few minutes until all is incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients into the sugar wet mixture and fold with a spatula or a wooden spoon until it is just incorporated. (Don't over mix)
- Cover with a plastic wrap or a plate and rest in the fridge overnight (12 to 24 hours).
- When you're ready to bake, preheat oven to 190°C (375°F) and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Take the cookie dough out of the fridge and shape into balls with an ice cream scoop or a spoon (about 50g each)
- Roll the dough balls in some sugar and arrange on the baking sheets leaving a few centimeters between them.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes till the edges are just set.
- Cool in the pan for a few minutes then transfer into a wire rack to cool completely.
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish... Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served...
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing... It is also the perfect...
Pineapple Quinoa Salad
With the sweet taste of pineapple and the aroma of fresh mint leaves, this exotic Pineapple Quinoa...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]