Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
By Norhan Tarek • February 16, 2019
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour (185g) - دقيق أبيض
- 1/2 cup bread flour (65 gram) or all purpose flour - دقيق الخبز
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda - بيكربونات الصودا
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1 teaspoon cloves (ground cloves) - قرنفل
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder - بودرة جنزبيل
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 150 gram candied ginger (optional)
- 100 gram sugar (1/2 cup plus more for coating) - سكر
- 110 gram brown sugar (1/2 cup) - سكر بني
- 135 ml sunflower oil (1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon) - زيت عباد الشمس
- 75 ml water (1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon) - ماء
Step by step
- In a large bowl, mix together all purpose flour, bread flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, candied ginger (if using) and the spices together.
- In another bowl, add sugar, brown sugar, sun flower oil and water then mix with a whisk for a few minutes until all is incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients into the sugar wet mixture and fold with a spatula or a wooden spoon until it is just incorporated. (Don't over mix)
- Cover with a plastic wrap or a plate and rest in the fridge overnight (12 to 24 hours).
- When you're ready to bake, preheat oven to 190°C (375°F) and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Take the cookie dough out of the fridge and shape into balls with an ice cream scoop or a spoon (about 50g each)
- Roll the dough balls in some sugar and arrange on the baking sheets leaving a few centimeters between them.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes till the edges are just set.
- Cool in the pan for a few minutes then transfer into a wire rack to cool completely.
Carrot & Ginger Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This Carrot & Ginger Soup is different, loaded with nutrients, and...
Raw Chocolate Whoopies with Banana Coconut Filling
It's nice to find a kids chocolate recipe that is sugar-free and that they would enjoy. These...
Quick Wholemeal Scones with Walnuts & Raisins
This is a nutritious wholemeal scones recipe with walnuts & raisins prepared in less than 30...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]