Seared Tuna Salad
By Sarah Hamada • November 3, 2015
It’s filling, fast, low calorie and delicious for seafood lovers!
Recipe submitted by Sarah Hamada. Also, check Sarah’s Shrimp Summer Rolls.
- 1 bunch coriander - كزبرة
- 1 bunch lettuce - خس
- 1 bunch arugula - جرجير
- 1 whole tomato - طماطم
- 1 pinch salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 fillet Tuna Steak - ستيك تونه
- 1 slice butter - زبدة
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 drizzle soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 1 drop balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
Step by step
- Defrost the tuna steak , then rub and marinate both sides with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- While the tuna is marinating, wash your greens and tomato and let them dry well before you chop them. Arrange in your serving dish.
- Heat the butter in a pan and add the tuna steak fillet. Cook for 1.5 minutes on each side . Remove it from the pan and let it rest for few minutes. Using a sharp knife cut the tuna into very thin slices.
- Arrange the sliced tuna on the salad.
- Mix a little soy sauce with olive oil and a drop of balsamic vinegar and drizzle the mixture over the tuna steak salad. Serve immediately.
Arugula Eggplant Salad
Here's what I love about this arugula eggplant salad: it looks and tastes fancy, yet doesn't...
Fool-Proof One-Pot Molokheya
When it comes to Molokheya, everyone has a personal favourite. Some like it more garlicky, thicker...
Cozy Cauliflower Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This soup is the perfect hug in a mug. Even those who wouldn't...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach
This White Beans with Zucchini and Spinach recipe is so simple, yet so delicious! White beans cooked in broth, garlic and lime juice make for one tasty side dish. Perfect for mid-week meals and even cold for breakfast!